The Cabeen House
1029 North Dearborn Street
Chicago, IL 60610-2803
Consider Having Your Philatelic Work Published
by the Collectors Club of Chicago
The CCC actively solicits for publication all manuscripts reflecting original philatelic research, regardless of the subject matter, or its perceived esoteric content. An abstract of the work should be submitted to
Dan Undersander, CCC Publications Chairman
Collectors Club of Chicago
3804 Dolphin Drive,
Madison, WI 53719-1868
What the CCC Requires …
- One electronic copy of a completed manuscript must be submitted, preferably using Microsoft Word, though Adobe InDesign is acceptable.
What the CCC Will Do …
- Your work would be read and reviewed by members of the CCC Publications Committee. The Committee will decide whether or not your work is a project that the CCC is willing to undertake.
- If accepted, we would prefer a finished manuscript in Microsoft Word (or Adobe InDesign), with the CCC providing the layout and pre-press formatting (if printed). The CCC would provide a formatting and style template to be used. The typeface to be used is 10 or 11-point Times New Roman, and all illustrations are to be at least of a 300dpi resolution, or greater if the image is to be enlarged.
- The finished manuscript will be peer-reviewed for accuracy of content. The author is responsible for proof reading and correcting the final proofs.
- The CCC will provide the ISBN (International Standard Book Number), and will obtain the LCCN (Library of Congress Control Number).
- The CCC will be provide marketing of your work, with your assistance. Marketing efforts include distribution review copies, as well as providing complimentary copies to major philatelic libraries in the United States, magazine publishers, and some international philatelic library institutions.